Latest Bugs & Tasks
- Click on Tracker's menu in Deskbar
- Immediately click on the Leaf menu while Tracker's menu is still open
- Leaf menu will be empty
This fixes the bug most people have on the newest hrevs in HaikuPorter, and propbably some lesser-known cases.
Fixed in hrev48688.
Discussed this on IRC, noting it so I don't forget about it.
Several possible enhancements to Stack&Tile to make it more useful.
1) make it possible to save and restore a set of tiled windows (at least persist on reboot)
2) Support icons in tabs (for things like web browsers)
3) have a deskbar mode where windows are grouped by stack&tile groups rather than by application. This is similar to something Android tries to do with Activities: the important thing isn't the application, the important thing is the file that you are viewing or editing. Also somewhat similar is the use of public screens on AmigaOS to group related apps in the same space.
4) better handling of many tabs (overflow popup menu or so?)
5) review the shortcuts and available actions on a tab (we may want an app customizable context menu)
6) the BDocumentWindow (I think this is from Sequitur), which strenghtens the window<>document relationship. With proper system integration, the window should map to a file and allow to X-Ray navigate to it and its parents, drag it to the Desktop to copy/save it, etc. Tracker does some of this with custom widgets (the draggable icon in the menubar, the popup menu on the item count), but it should be part of the base OS functionality.
7) actually support reordering tiled windows, and have keyboard shortcuts for tab management like in Terminal (sliding a tab left and right, etc)
Implemented in hrev48684, using the BNetworkInterface and BNetworkAddress classes as a backend. I guess these cover the 'real Haiku API' case already.
Ticket #11757 (regression: emails are only partially downloaded, fetching bodies doesn't ...) closed
Ticket #11756 (regression: building haiku on haiku fails with "openssl/ssl.h no such file ...) closed
Ticket #11757 (regression: emails are only partially downloaded, fetching bodies doesn't ...) created
I'm on hrev48680 at the moment.
Since a few days (between 12th and 15th), mails are no longer completely downloaded. New mails are identified as "Partially downloaded E-mail". If I try to open one of them, Mail application starts up, mail_daemon tries to fetch the bodies, nothing happens, attribute of mail file is changed to Read, and Mail closes.
This happens on both gcc2hybrid and x86_64.
Ticket #11756 (regression: building haiku on haiku fails with "openssl/ssl.h no such file ...) created
C++ /GIT/haiku/generated.x86gcc2/objects/haiku/x86/release/kits/network/libnetapi/ssl/SSL.o /GIT/haiku/src/kits/network/libnetapi/SSL.cpp:11:25: fatal error: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory #include <openssl/ssl.h> ^ compilation terminated.
You should attach your patches to the existing ticket #2817 directly instead of opening a new one.
Installed latest nightly hrev48679 x86_gcc2
Added current repositories
Run "pkgman full-sync" command in terminal
Package manager offers to install previous revision (hrev48678)
See screenshot1 (attached)
Initializing a new partition of size 1992294MB caused a KDL assert while formatting the disk and creation partition failed.
Another manifestation of #8293.
Probably fixed by http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/?id=6394d0e83870 . Please reopen and add a debug report if not.