We want news!
… or at least I suppose that some people want to know the progresses made on the WebKit port.
I think that we can split this work in two parts:
- Improvements made on the port.
- Landing in the official WebKit tree.
Ryan and I thought that the first part would have been a bit easier, but in fact since the previous port (by himself), many code in WebKit has changed. It is still a work-in-progress but I made some good advances.
As for the second part, it is also something that we are still working on. I can say that it is in great shape to be complete before the end of summer. ( The summer ends on the 21th of September… ;)
After a month of work, it's time to take a break and a step back to check on our progress.
And after a month what we have is a prototype of a multi-process browser.
Haiku Native Browser
Ryan and I had a dilemma: Where to start? In fact, there is a lot to do on this project.
So we decided to start with a multi-process browser prototype.
I am currently in my third year studying Computer Science at Rennes 1 University in France.
I have some experience with development thanks to several academic projects, chiefly written using the Java and C languages.
Our first big project used an obscure language called "oRis", an object and agent-oriented language developed as part of the doctoral thesis of Fabrice Harrouet. The project's objective was to design a simulation of pathfinding robots, with basic behaviour and capable of cooperating to achieve goals in a virtual maze. This project enabled us to learn how to manage a project using Subversion, and how to organise its development.
The project was managed at this page: