- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Weekly Report #4
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2015
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Weekly Report #3
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Weekly Report #2
- GCI 2014 winners trip report (mentor side)
- TeX Live and LyX; Changes to the boot code
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Weekly Report #1
- Beginning of 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract
- Haiku monthly activity report - 05/2015
- Debugger: Editing Memory
WebKit weekly report #24
The report is going to be sort this week, for several reasons:
- I was not at home for the week-end, and didn't get any Haiku work done,
- As announced last week, I'm currently working only part-time for Haiku,
- And, not much happened anyway. There are weeks like that.
However, this doesn't mean there is nothing happening. First, this week I uploaded the 1.2.5 release of WebKit, fixing the most visible drawing bugs. I planned to do this last week, but found some compilation problem when using haikuporter to generate the final build, so this was delayed to this monday. There were some new bug reports on this new release, I'll be looking into the new issues.
On my side, I started the work on HTML5 audio. I'm starting with audio, because unlike for video, the streaming part (for which we need media kit changes) is not a requirement. Playing streamed music is only one part of web audio, which also has support for sound effects in games (these are pre-downloaded, not streamed), and procedural sound generation (this doesn't need the media kit to decode anything, just play the generated buffers). So, I started work on this, but I spent most of the week getting the build system part of things working. And while doing the initial tests, I found HaikuLauncher is now very easy to crash, probably because of the latest merge from WebKit sources. I'll have a closer look at this issue.
And, that's all for this week. Next week, I plan to continue the work on web audio, fix the new crashes, and have a look at performance problems. Since the introduction of the new clipping code, some pages have become very slow to redraw, which makes it a bit difficult to use them (my webmail has trouble with that). I'll have to examine the way the clipping is used, and how we can make this faster.