Cannot get Haiku to install
I have tried the following on an box that normally runs Windows XP:
1. Create a USB boot drive from the AnyBoot image (used dd on my Mac).
2. Try booting from it. Nothing appears on the screen.
3. Next try BiOS selection of boot drive; USB drive selected, but still nothing happens.
4. Create a CD from the AnyBoot image (used ImgBurn on Windows).
5. After what appears like a normal boot load from the CD, the screen is still blank.
6. Go into safe mode and try several variations; at point where I would think the system should be booted up, there is just a blank screen.
7. Play around with more safe mode options, including lower level video settings. Still no joy.
Just for fun, inserted the USB drive into my Mac, and Opt-Restart. It does not even recognize the USB as bootable.
Not very encouraging.