Our application to become a mentor organization for the Google Summer of Code 2007 has been approved! Qualifying students can apply for one of our GSoC 2007 project ideas between now and March 26th, 2007.
Student Application Mini-FAQ
- When do I apply?
March 14th - 26th
- Where do I apply?
Start from the GSoC Web App for Student Applicants
- What ideas can I apply for?
Check out our List of GSoC Ideas
- What info do you need in the application?
See the Application Template below for reference
- What if I still have questions?
Send a message to the Haiku Mailing List or contact the Haiku GSoC administrator (Waldemar Kornewald).
When applying for a project idea, please include the information shown in this template.
- Full name
- Preferred email address
- Availability - How many hours per week can you spend working? When can you begin work? What other obligations do you have this summer?
- Brief bio - Who are you? What development experience do you have (academic, industrial, open source)?
Project idea information
- Project title - E.g.: "Create a thread scheduler with CPU affinity"
- List of project goals - These must be quantifiable results. For example:
- Implement application A.
- Implement features F, G, and H for module M.
- Write documentation for the new interfaces I and J.
- Write N unit tests for module M.