Here is an overview of the Haiku Code Drive 2008 program:
- We have come up with the following list of candidates and their projects from the students that could not make it into the GSoC and expressed their desire to participate.
- We asked the community to support the program by making donations to a common fund, and raised a total of approximately $7,500.
- An open poll was held so that the community could vote for the student/project they want the donated funds to go to.
- Based on the results of the poll and the amount of donated funds, we decided to sponsor four students shown in the "Haiku Code Drive 2008 Projects" section below.
- The selected candidates work on their projects, and in the end each receives a US$2,500 stipend (a milestone-based mid-term 50% payment is being considered).
Haiku Code Drive 2008 Projects
These are the four students and their projects that were chosen by the community through the Haiku