You probably already read the news on the homepage: I'm continuing to work on WebKit for January.
Maybe you noticed there was no report last week, as I was visiting family and didn't get much work done. I'm not counting that week as paid work for Haiku.
I also added some support for dumping pages with frames. Only the top level would be dumped before, and of course that didn't quite match what the references for the tests expected.
I'm now starting to get a list of mostly actual test failures. A lot of them are because our font metrics aren't exactly the same as on other platforms. This leads to slightly different size for some text runs, and ultimately a different dump for the page. Some of the tests use the Ahem font to get predictable results, but not all of them. The ones that don't may need platform-specific test results to avoid the problem.
We are also failing a lot of the tests that use SVG. While the fixed gradient support improves things, it's not quite enough. The SVG drawing in WebKit is one of the places where transform matrices are used to scale, pan and rotate objects when drawing them to the view. This is another thing our BView can't do yet. I started looking at what's needed for this, and briefly discussed with stippi, our app_server expert, over IRC. However, I think it's better to get the testsuite ready before I do the change. This will allow seeing how much tests we can get to pass, and if it breaks other things (giving me an hint on what to work on next). The testsuite will also be useful when merging changes from WebKit again. We're now some month behind, but our current builds are fairly stable, and I don't want to break everything by merging the latest changes without having a way to track the regressions (and possibly the bugfixes).
Well, quite a lot of work to do, still.