Latest Bugs & Tasks

Syndicate content Haiku
Trac Timeline
Updated: 8 min 40 sec ago

Ticket #13098 (Text not visible in Print Preview (only 64 bit)) created

Wed, 2016-11-30 21:16

hrev50714 x86_64
Epson NX625
Gutenprint Printer Drivers
I configured my printer and selected "Show preview before printing" in the "Printjob Setup" dialog.
When printing a text document there is now no visible text in the preview window.
This feature was working previously some number of weeks ago.
Otherwise, the document prints normally.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13097 (Diskusage "open with..." menu glitch) closed

Tue, 2016-11-29 20:50

Fixed in hrev50719.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13097 (Diskusage "open with..." menu glitch) created

Tue, 2016-11-29 20:44

The menu "open with..." has some glitches with fonts of different sizes.

Categories: Development

Ticket #7711 (Artefacts when resizing Tracker windows) closed

Mon, 2016-11-28 15:56
not reproducible:

Probably fixed on the way... Closing ticket.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13096 (fallback font problem) created

Mon, 2016-11-28 11:50

I upgraded to hrev 50714. On rebooting all my system fonts had been reset to Bitstream Charter.

I "fixed" it by manually downloading Noto and setting my fonts to that, as I believe this will be the new standard, but shouldn't noto be listed as a dependency somewhere?

Categories: Development

Ticket #13094 ([bfs] divide error exception in MimeManager Looper) created

Sun, 2016-11-27 12:26

lots of packages installed, happens during boot.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13093 (System does not recognize partitions formatted with mkfs.ext4 command.) created

Sun, 2016-11-27 09:50

It's easy to verify, create a partition and format it using the mkfs.ext4 command, the partition is then unmountable and DriveSetup reports it just as "native linux", now format it with the mkfs -t ext4 again and it works as expected.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13092 (Audio CD's stutter and cut out) created

Sat, 2016-11-26 01:00

hrev50710 x86_gcc2
Playing a store bought audio CD with MediaPlayer on internal optical drive causes the
audio to stutter and cut out. Thinking it might be a defective drive, I installed a second one
with the same result.
The problem is also apparent on a second Haiku PC, but somewhat less noticible.
Attached are syslog and screenshots of the hardware being used.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13091 (Media preflet crash) closed

Fri, 2016-11-25 06:29

Fixed in hrev50710. Thanks for reporting!

Categories: Development

Ticket #13091 (Media preflet crash) created

Fri, 2016-11-25 04:23

hrev50708 gcc2h

If I open Media preferences, click the "MIDI" option, it shows an empty list box (as it should). When I double click inside that box (left or right click) the window crashes. Syslog attached if you need it.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13089 (Implement rfc 1323 in our TCP stack) closed

Fri, 2016-11-25 01:23

Ok... that comment in our tcp stack is wrong. We *do* support window scaling. The code is there and I can SCP a file from another machine and get the 80MB/s (and window size multiplier is set to non-negative )

It seems the issue is wget isn't telling the OS to use window scaling?

Categories: Development

Ticket #13090 (64 bit KDL after installer completion) created

Thu, 2016-11-24 22:52

hrev50701 x86_64
Install to HD partition - everything appeared normal
Installer dialog ->Quit
System KDL as soon as CD was ejected prior to first reboot
Photo of screen attached
Syslog attached

Categories: Development

Ticket #13089 (Implement rfc 1323 in our TCP stack) created

Thu, 2016-11-24 21:47


Things this implementation currently doesn't implement:
- TCP Extensions for High Performance, RFC 1323

We're seeing low network stack performance, missing RFC 1323 (TCP window scaling) could be a cause and should be investigated.

Categories: Development

Ticket #13088 (Performance: Investigate network I/O bottlenecks) created

Thu, 2016-11-24 21:04

There seems to be some pretty serious performance bottlenecks around the network stack or the disk drivers, or the BFS filesystem.

Categories: Development