Latest Bugs & Tasks
this happen lot when using youtube in web+
When it happen web+ does not crash right away (but it might on closing it later on). At that point there is no sound and no reteart of the media add-on or media server can fix it, it need a reboot of the machine.
crash report included.
Sporadic behavior, generally noticed when opening links as new tabs.
- The address bar remains blank
- Or, shows a previous tab's URL.
On refreshing the page manually, the URL is populated in the address bar.
Thanks for reporting.
Indeed, it's #8895. Reported by me and assigned to you. :)
This is hrev50675.
When the Bookmark bar is showing, making the Web+ window wider leaves drawing artefacts:
This is hrev50675.
Logging into the GMail standard webinterface, everything works for some seconds . Then Web+ becomes unresponsive for maybe 30 seconds. I can switch to other tabs, but they are also frozen, no scrolling etc. Other functions of Web+ are also affected: for example, opening the script console will do nothing until Web+ becomes responsive again, then it pops open.
After that initial freeze/non-responsive-phase everythings works well.
I see this in the console/Terminal, if that helps:
MESSAGE https://plus.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k=oz.recentposts.en_GB.H7B-gX06QGA.O/m=rp_b/am=AQ/rt=j/d=1/rs=AGLTcCMJl3tT6PKRfBuQZswu3OuQvBdoHw?:831:380: Blocked a frame with origin "https://plus.google.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://mail.google.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match. MESSAGE https://hangouts.google.com/_/scs/chat-static/_/js/k=chat.wbl.en_GB.zqazKqHf0oY.O/m=b,bst,c,ca,cnv,md,r/am=AP1IBAAUQO2IlCSCwg/rt=j/d=1/rs=AGNGyv27DQeYJnIQ6WPpeFE8m3eomBRODA?:4202:434: Blocked a frame with origin "https://hangouts.google.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://mail.google.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match. SSL error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib
This is hrev50675.
When trying to upload files (icon or screenshot) with special characters in their filename, Haiku Depot Server refuses to do so, saying it's too large. The test filename here was "AüöK.hvif":
The error appears after selecting the file in the open dialog, not actually when trying to upload. The script console of Web+ shows no output.
QupZilla works. I first filed the issue at the HDS tracker, but Andrew suggests it's more likely a webkit bug.
Each email account, whether POP or IMAP should have its own subdirectory created under "mail", similar to what is done currently when creating a IMAP account and "Configure IMAP folders".
It only seems reasonable that "Incoming" mail would go to "Inbox" and "Outgoing" mail would go to "Sent" for each individual account without the need to manually select the destination folder each time as is currently required.
See attached screenshots of current and proposed email directory structure
When downloading a large volume of emails from the email server (1000+) the system will become unresponsive, and attempting to launch any application will result in "There was an error resolving the link" pop up.
Attached photo and syslog
No devices connected to the USB3 port of my machine works. All I get is the following in the syslog:
KERN: usb hub 2: port 1: new device connected KERN: usb error xhci -1: unsuccessful command Context state (19) KERN: usb error xhci -1: KERN: unable to set address KERN: usb error xhci -1: unsuccessful command Context state (19) KERN: usb error xhci -1: KERN: unable to set address
The single USB2 port works as expected.
device Serial bus controller (USB controller, XHCI) [c|3|30] vendor 104c: Texas Instruments device 8241: TUSB73x0 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller
The chips are CM8826, CM8828, CM8888, CM8888DMS & CM8888DHT.
CM8888DHT provides Dolby Home Theater support and CM8888DMS provides Dolby Master Studio support.
Write driver to support C-Media's Oxygen HD chips: CMI8786, CMI8787 & CMI8788
The chips are CMI8768, CMI8768+ and CMI8770
CMI8768+ provides Dolby Digital support and CMI8770 provides both Dolby Digital and DTS support
I just updated my haiku using the pkgman update command. WebPositive is giving me a big headache now. As far as I can tell it is Youtube that causes my issue. Overall going to youtube causes WP to:
Lock up - where Web Positive will stop responding to mouse clicks or keyboard, but the window itself will still move. Unable to quit WP, reboot is only recourse.
Out right crash- I have a log for one of these crashes.
I have had WP only load part of the youtube page then crash, start playing a video then crash, or just load the youtube page and then wait a few seconds then crash. But the common thing is that WP will crash or stop responding every time I visit youtube, without fail.
My biggest problem right now is that every time I open WP it tries to open up Youtube because that is the last page it was on, and then crashes... everytime I can't get past it.
Enter search string into Google Search when crash occured
Debug report attached
Owners of older PC's may want to upgrade to USB 3.0 using a PCIe card.