Latest Bugs & Tasks

Syndicate content Haiku
Trac Timeline
Updated: 1 hour 8 min ago

Ticket #12877 (Add MIME sniffer tests using mimetype-menagerie) created

Sun, 2016-07-24 11:43

The mimetype-menagerie aims to provide samples for as many MIME types as possible:

It would be nice to test our MIME sniffer against it.

We might also want to add our own specific file formats to it.

Could be a GCI task.

Categories: Development

Ticket #12876 (network performance degrades over time) created

Sat, 2016-07-23 19:18

I'm currently using my machine as a build slave to test the package build infrastructure. This means rather long uptimes (ideally several days).

Haiku seems to be quite stable, however, the network access becomes slower and slower over time, up to a point where everything seems to timeout and I have to reboot the computer.

I'm not sure what the problem is or how to investigate.

This is a wireless connection which makes it difficult to spy the traffic on the wire.

device Network controller [2|80|0]
  vendor 8086: Intel Corporation
  device 008a: Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak]

Wifi-N is disabled at boot using ifconfig, as it isn't working with this device.

Categories: Development

Ticket #12875 (Remember NumLock status on shutdown) created

Sat, 2016-07-23 17:48

This is hrev50432.

It'd be convenient for Haiku to remember the setting of the NumLock key on shutdown and restore the status on boot. Better than a setting in some preference panel.
As a work-around Edmund Vermeulen's "​NumLock" can be put into ~/config/settings/boot/launch to activate NumLock. (It's attached in case the linked website disappears.)

Categories: Development

Ticket #12874 (Right clicking on home and using mouse to navigate to mail/inbox causes ...) created

Sat, 2016-07-23 12:30

When navigating from right click on the desktop home folder to inbox, I always get a segmentation fault.

  1. Right click home folder on the desktop.
  2. Navigate to mail/inbox
  3. Let the mouse pointer hover at inbox.

Result: almost immediate a message window appears about a tracker encountering an error.
If I hover the mouse pointer over any other folder in mail or any other folder in tracker there is no problem. Opening mail by clicking on it then double clicking inbox folder works without a problem.

Categories: Development

Ticket #12873 (Microsoft Mouse no functions) created

Fri, 2016-07-22 23:03

hrev50445 x86_gcc2
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 Model 1478
This ticket is meant to replace earlier ticket #10347
Mouse LED lights, but there are no mouse functions whatsoever.
Attached files:

Categories: Development

Ticket #7080 (installoptionalpackages freeze install opensound) closed

Fri, 2016-07-22 02:34
no change required:

installoptionalpackages is long gone, and no reply from original poster after a request 2y ago. Closing.

Categories: Development

Ticket #12100 (BeIDE fails to load) closed

Fri, 2016-07-22 02:28

Fixed in hrev50445.

Categories: Development

Ticket #11702 (Date, creating new file with tracker) closed

Fri, 2016-07-22 02:00

Fixed in hrev50444.

Categories: Development

Ticket #12872 (Debugger does not support dumping BObjectList<T> types) created

Fri, 2016-07-22 00:01

As in title. Easily testable on any BObjectList (e.g. the one involved in the crash in #11122).

Categories: Development

Ticket #12871 (desktop icons behind replicants) closed

Thu, 2016-07-21 14:03

An oldie, but goldie... duplicate of #4280.:)

Categories: Development

Ticket #12871 (desktop icons behind replicants) created

Thu, 2016-07-21 10:35

AFAIK replicants are supposed to protect their part of the desktop, but lately I have seen files and especially folders dragged to the desktop "disappear". Not too hard to find them: just point Tracker to home and then to Desktop. But it may be offputting to a newbie

In the attached screenshot you will see the folder "littlewriter" stuck behind an ActivityMonitor replicant. I have no knowledge if it is just this replicant that is behaving like this. This is on hrev50400

Categories: Development

Ticket #12870 (Webpositive is going crazy (strange/ascii characters on web pages and ...) created

Wed, 2016-07-20 14:24

Well, is not the first time that I see this trouble, although it happens randomly: today is happened again:

Firstly I opened my inbox on Gmail, and instead of the usual page I just seen a page full of strange/ascii characters (see the attached screenshot), then I opened GitHub and I went to the issue page to add a ticket using the form: once I clicked on "Submit new issue" button, a KDL was triggered: unfortunately this KDL didn't recognized the "es" and the "bt" command, has claimed "Unrecognized command": the only command to exit from this KDL was "quit"; however, once I exit from the KDL, Haiku has become totally unresponsive: I was forced to press the power button on my computer.

Please notice that most of the time, using WebPositive, this KDL occurs when I am on the GitHub page: the last time this KDL was triggered when I attempted to attach an image to a ticket on GitHub and I think, due the develop nature of Haiku (and so the need to go on the GitHub page) that this issue is a great limit.


Categories: Development

Ticket #12868 (White background behind text in Beezer) closed

Wed, 2016-07-20 00:29

Applied in hrev50433. Thanks!

If the code is available, it would be best to fix Beezer as well.

Yes, it is. ​

Categories: Development

Ticket #12868 (White background behind text in Beezer) created

Tue, 2016-07-19 21:16

The background behind "Store automatically" and "Restore automatically" should match the parent's view color.

Bug initially reported by diver as a comment to ticket:12628

Categories: Development