[GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 5
It's been more than a week since I wrote my last blog post. In this post I would brief you on the work done during this time.
I spent a little more time digging into the Haiku source (mostly the locale kit) to work on bugs and possible improvements as I came across quite a few places that would require it, while working on the Calendar app.
The current date is now highlighted in BCalendarView. This can be seen in the deskbar calendar. I fixed a few bugs with my first commit regarding the same.
I worked on implementing functions in BDateFormat to fetch locale based short/long day of week names and short month names which would be used in the calendar app as well as to fix a bug in BCalendarView where the day names doesn't update with change in locale preferences. The discussion came out with more improvements that I would be working on.
In the Calendar app I have been working on implementing event notifications and month view and they are in progress. I also worked on storing and loading of app preferences and refactored the way it was previously implemented. I also improved the day view UI and included category indicator in event list items (blue indicates default category). KapiX's Koder and Humdingerb's QuickLaunch were useful resoruces in implementation of preferences settings and work on event list view respectively. Thanks to them.
Preview of current state:
The toolbar icons are just placeholder icons. Icons for the same are welcome. (Something on this line Day View Mockup ) Also improved icon for the main application icon are welcome.
GitHub Repo: AkshayAgarwal007/Calendar
Thank you for reading.
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Week #9 / #10
- Recovering from RMLL 2017
- [gsoc_2017] tcp optimization report 5
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 6
- Haiku monthly activity report - 07/2017
- [GSoC 2017 - BTRFS write support] Week #9 #10 #11 (Second coding period)
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 5
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Week #8
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 5