[GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 6
In this post I would be focusing on the work done in the past two weeks.
I implemented a database backend and worked on generating notification for events. Currently, I am using SQLite3 for data storage, but I would be implementing a BFS backend for the same sooner. Google Calendar integration is currently in progress. Also there is an issue with date/time parsing and formatting in the app which I would be fixing.
I also worked on fixing several issues (bugs/enhancements) which were opened by Humdingerb, Brian, and Scott and few more that came up when I was testing the app myself.
I also opened some issues as a reference to mark the features and enhancements that I would be working on (based on discussions throughout the project and suggestion on my blog posts) after the end of GSoC and if time permits before it. You can have a look at the same and the ones that are already resolved here. Also new issues for features that you want to get implemented or if I have missed any are welcome. :)
Current state of the app:
The toolbar icons are just placeholder icons. Icons for the same are welcome. (Something on this line Day View Mockup ) Also improved icon for the main application icon are welcome.
Preview of Event Notifications and changes in date/time strings on system locale preferences change.
Event notifications in general requires a lot of improvement and I would be working on the same. Discussion on the same. https://github.com/AkshayAgarwal007/Calendar/issues/28
This is a short video I recorded while testing the app. You have to be
patient while watching the video.
- Google Calendar Integration (Currently in progress)
- Cleaning up the code
- Writing documentation and a blog post summarizing all the work done during GSoC.
Github Repo: AkshayAgarwal007/Calendar
Thanks for reading.
- Scripting the GUI with 'hey'
- Haiku monthly activity report - 10/2017
- Back from GSoC mentor summit
- Where is Haiku R1?
- Haiku monthly activity report - 09/2017
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2017
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Final Report