[GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 2
This is my first blog post after the Coding Period officially began, I’ve started to write code for the application. During the Community Bonding period, I got the menu listing for SuperPrefs. My last exam got over on June 6. I worked on the basic application layout during the beginning of June. This was how the application looked initially:
The application hosts seperate sections for holding the Preferences based on their category. I also added a Search field for searching the contents of an application, though this has not been implemented yet.
Now, in order to feed the contents of the app, i.e, the Preferences icon and to launch the respective application. I looked for samples in Haiku, and found axeld has done a good job in building the application FileTypes, I made use of MimeTypeListView and IconView for integrating the list of preferences in the app.
Also I had to make use of is_application function from FileTypes.h, I’ll now have to work on just keeping the Preferences related apps and removing other entries, and make use of BRoster class to launch the respective application. Then have to work on categorising these apps into their categories. Now that my exams are done, I can dedicate more time for this project. I’ll be updating the code progress along with the preview of the application status in the GitHub repo: AnirudhMurali/SuperPrefs.
That’s it for now, Thanks for reading. 😄
- Back from GSoC mentor summit
- Where is Haiku R1?
- Haiku monthly activity report - 09/2017
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2017
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 7
- [GSOC 2017 - TCP optimization and fine tuning] Final Report