[GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 2
This is my first blog post after the Coding Period officially began, I’ve started to write code for the application. During the Community Bonding period, I got the menu listing for SuperPrefs. My last exam got over on June 6. I worked on the basic application layout during the beginning of June. This was how the application looked initially:
The application hosts seperate sections for holding the Preferences based on their category. I also added a Search field for searching the contents of an application, though this has not been implemented yet.
Now, in order to feed the contents of the app, i.e, the Preferences icon and to launch the respective application. I looked for samples in Haiku, and found axeld has done a good job in building the application FileTypes, I made use of MimeTypeListView and IconView for integrating the list of preferences in the app.
Also I had to make use of is_application function from FileTypes.h, I’ll now have to work on just keeping the Preferences related apps and removing other entries, and make use of BRoster class to launch the respective application. Then have to work on categorising these apps into their categories. Now that my exams are done, I can dedicate more time for this project. I’ll be updating the code progress along with the preview of the application status in the GitHub repo: AnirudhMurali/SuperPrefs.
That’s it for now, Thanks for reading. 😄
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2018
- Haiku R1/beta1 in Vagrant
- Report of BeGeistert 031 in Hamburg
- Partial Outage
- Haiku monthly activity report, September/October 2018
- Repository Update
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2018
- R1/beta1 release plans - at last