Contacts Kit, Community Bonding Period
During the community bonding period, i have researched around the project to prepare my work for the coding days that will follow. I also promised to talk with the other devs in the ml, it was not necessary in these days…i’m working with the help of Alex to a document describing the entire API in order to discuss it in the ml.
The first problem was to choose a Default Media Format for contact translators, my choice has been addressed to a flattened BMessage. BMessage will be used internally by BContact to represent the contact fields and the state of the object. BContact will be also a BArchivable object.
All that could look strange for a naive, but there are some aspects that should not be underestimated :
- Easily sendable through applications and network (useful in future when sync support will come)
- Make simple to save the state of an object on a disk and then restore it at the next boot
So one of the most important aspects of BMessage is their flexibility in storing informations. The contact kit will define a set of fields used to represent a generic contact in memory, but it’s too restrictive! Apps and addons should be able to define custom types of fields since the API cannot in any case define a set of fields generic enough to support every existent and future API. This is already an obscure side for me and i need some hours to make clarity and choose the best solution.
Portable Contacts is REST API using OAuth with the aim to provide a generic access to contacts from different services, at the moment it support many services like the OpenSocial platform. Who has read my proposal probably remember something about a “Google Contacts Services Add-On”. I have decided to switch it into a “Portable Contacts Addon”. For more informations : http://portablecontacts.net/.
Goals For the first quarter
- A little patch for the translation kit to support the Contacts translators
- Basic BContact Implementation
- vCard and People translators
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 3
- Rune - Haiku Images on ARM
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 2
- [GSoC 2018: XFS support] Week #1 and #2
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 1
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #1 and #2
- Haiku monthly activity report - 04/2018
- GSoC 2018: XFS support for Haiku
- [GSoC 2018] SDHCI MMC Driver
- [GSoC 2018] TrackGit - Git Addon for Tracker