In the beginning (or DriveSetup creation)
Another week has gone by and I am glad to say that some progress has been made. Just a few minutes ago I was able to create a brand new partition from within DriveSetup. The setup is as follows: Create a new empty Intel partition map (thanks Stippi), in that map create a new partition that spans the whole disk. It works! After that I initialized the partition with BFS and can install Haiku on it.
This is far from a complete solution however, there are a few places were code that should not be commented out is commented out and a bunch of my debugging information is still in the code. Also one cannot yet set the size of the partition or where you want it on the disk and I suspect that being able to set these parameters will lead to some more bugs that I will get to track down.
In any case I am really excited because I can finally see visual progress in the work that I have been doing which I think makes anyone happy. So stay tuned and hopefully I will have a nice neat patch in the near future. Ciao, Bryce
p.s. BIG thanks to Bonefish.
- Haiku activity report - May 2020
- GSoC 2020 Project Update: XFS
- GSoC 2020 Project: Improving and Extending Services Kit
- Progress report of community bonding period
- GSoC 2020 Project: Adding XFS file system in Haiku
- GSoC 2020 Project: Input Preferences
- GSoC 2020 Project: Adding UFS2 file system in Haiku
- Haiku activity report - April 2020
- Haiku activity report - February and March 2020
- Haiku field trip report - January 2020