How to Help with the OpenJDK Port
I’ve gotten several (at least five or six) emails from people contacting me through this website. It seems to be a common question.
I’d like to publicly apologize to any that I have not responded to personally. To those of you, I’m sorry.
So here, publicly posted, is how to get started in helping out with the OpenJDK port.
- Read http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/ You'll need to sign an SCA and do what it says regarding the licensing.
- Subscribe to the mailing list for the Haiku Port project at OpenJDK. http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/haiku-port-dev
- Once you've subscribed, send an email to the list. Include your name, interests, skills, and ask what you could do to start right now.
There’s been quite a bit of progress from Andrew this last week. He’s updated MakeDeps, and he’s fiddled with some code from the old beunited.org 1.4.2 port and has it running on Haiku. Great work, Andrew!
The march to bootstrapping an OpenJDK build is underway.
- Haiku activity report - January 2021
- Debugging RISCV-64 bootloader in QEMU
- Hello from the Haiku Promotion 'Team'!
- Haiku activity report - November and December 2020
- Haiku Depot and Better Icon Handling
- Haiku activity report - October 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - September 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - August 2020
- Rust on Haiku: the Case of the Disappearing Deceased Threads
- GSoC2020 Final Report: Input Preferences