[GSoC 2017: Harfbuzz] Week #3 #4 of Community Bond
This is my third blog post and the last post on my work during communty bond period. The coding period has officially started! Yay!
I have started working on a application that renders text using FreeType and Harfbuzz you can find it here. It has two branches one of them successfully compiles and renders some some text in English using already existing technology in Haiku. The other branch "broken" will include all my latest updates, harfbuzz & freetype library and probably won't compile. You might even this that few things in the code can be implemented in a better way.
Here is a few things to do in next few weeks:
- Learn about Harfbuzz API.
- Explore example applications
- Integrate them into my application
Thanks for quick reading, next blog post coming in next week.
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018