[GSoC 2017: Harfbuzz] Week #3 #4 of Community Bond
This is my third blog post and the last post on my work during communty bond period. The coding period has officially started! Yay!
I have started working on a application that renders text using FreeType and Harfbuzz you can find it here. It has two branches one of them successfully compiles and renders some some text in English using already existing technology in Haiku. The other branch "broken" will include all my latest updates, harfbuzz & freetype library and probably won't compile. You might even this that few things in the code can be implemented in a better way.
Here is a few things to do in next few weeks:
- Learn about Harfbuzz API.
- Explore example applications
- Integrate them into my application
Thanks for quick reading, next blog post coming in next week.
- Haiku Activity Report - August 2020
- Rust on Haiku: the Case of the Disappearing Deceased Threads
- GSoC2020 Final Report: Input Preferences
- GSoC 2020 Final Report: Improving and Extending Services Kit
- GSoC 2020 Final Report: XFS File System
- GSoC 2020 Project Update(UFS2): Reading Files
- GSoC 2020 Project Update(UFS2): Reading Symboliclinks
- Manipulating window look & behaviour with 'hey'
- GSoC 2020 Project Update: XFS
- July 2020 Activity Report