[GSoC 2017: Harfbuzz] Week #3 #4 of Community Bond
This is my third blog post and the last post on my work during communty bond period. The coding period has officially started! Yay!
I have started working on a application that renders text using FreeType and Harfbuzz you can find it here. It has two branches one of them successfully compiles and renders some some text in English using already existing technology in Haiku. The other branch "broken" will include all my latest updates, harfbuzz & freetype library and probably won't compile. You might even this that few things in the code can be implemented in a better way.
Here is a few things to do in next few weeks:
- Learn about Harfbuzz API.
- Explore example applications
- Integrate them into my application
Thanks for quick reading, next blog post coming in next week.
- No, I'm not Haiku's lead developer
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2019
- Haiku almost-monthly activity report - October and November 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6