[GSoC 2014 : ARM Port] Week #12
Last week, I started investigating why the decompression of the archive by zlib failed. Initial thoughts were that the offsets were somehow being incorrectly passed. It took me about 2 days to understand that the offsets were indeed correct since I was using the wrong format specified for printf(thanks jessicah for pointing that out!). Once that was verified, I investigated the _Inflate method again and discovered the problem was the new MMU mappings being created when the output stream for zlib is being allocated. Some of these entries mapped the archive’s location to elsewhere and caused incorrect data to be passed to zlib.
Now that the issue has been discovered, it should be fairly easy to fix this. I’ll wait for the inputs from the developers on this before proceeding. I’m travelling for a good part of next week and will not be able to work on this; thus the patch will take sometime to be merged in main tree.
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)
- GSoC 2021: XFS support progress update
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Translation Work Needed in Preparation for Beta 3
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Modernizing Caya
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - May 2021
- Registering your nickname for IRC