Haiku SVN: USBKit, Messaging, VMDK
- Introduction of USBKit reimplementation
- Interesting local message passing optimisations
- VMWare vmdk tools
- vmdk image generator
- vmdk jam target: haiku-vmware-image
Kicking off this period was the introduction a reengineered USBKit compatible USB library implementation from Michael Lotz. His library includes a number of features such as ‘string getters’ for interfaces that will interest USB fans in addition to building fine under R5!
Immediately following the above the usb_webcam driver was updated to reflect the changes, with build fixes and removing Zeta specific code. Subsequently added to the haiku-image target, this could provide some fun for alpha testers.
Those interested in the depths of Haiku message passing should check out Axel's local message passing optimisation, fixing a deadlock with full message queues.
In what will no doubt be a favourite tool of many, Marcus added a vmdk header generator for Haiku image files. Tested under VMWare player 1.0.3 and Linux it is sure to save time for those VMWare users out there. Try using the haiku-vmware-image target to build haiku.vmdk.
For those few interested souls we saw the update of FreeType2 to 2.3.0
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2018