Haiku SVN: USBKit, Messaging, VMDK
- Introduction of USBKit reimplementation
- Interesting local message passing optimisations
- VMWare vmdk tools
- vmdk image generator
- vmdk jam target: haiku-vmware-image
Kicking off this period was the introduction a reengineered USBKit compatible USB library implementation from Michael Lotz. His library includes a number of features such as ‘string getters’ for interfaces that will interest USB fans in addition to building fine under R5!
Immediately following the above the usb_webcam driver was updated to reflect the changes, with build fixes and removing Zeta specific code. Subsequently added to the haiku-image target, this could provide some fun for alpha testers.
Those interested in the depths of Haiku message passing should check out Axel's local message passing optimisation, fixing a deadlock with full message queues.
In what will no doubt be a favourite tool of many, Marcus added a vmdk header generator for Haiku image files. Tested under VMWare player 1.0.3 and Linux it is sure to save time for those VMWare users out there. Try using the haiku-vmware-image target to build haiku.vmdk.
For those few interested souls we saw the update of FreeType2 to 2.3.0
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3