[GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 1
This is my first progress report. Following are the things I did in last couple of weeks:
- Set up the Environment.
- Started on Dynamic Tracker Menu.
- Had a nice chat with my mentor Stippi.
- Learnt how to build Haiku on Haiku. Especially, building and running the Tracker module.
- Faced few difficulties in Dynamic Tracker Menu. Solved them with some help.
About Dynamic Tracker Menu
Dynamic Tracker Menu lets addon add items to the popup menu of Tracker based on the files selected. I was able to implement this in Haiku. A small example of this can be seen in above image.
How does it work?
This function loads the addon image and calls
populate_menu function of this addon if it has one. The parameters passed are a
BMenu pointer of the root menu of Tracker and
BHandler to handle the message. The
BMessage is of type
B_TRACKER_ADDON_MESSAGE. Contents of
- “dir_ref” : entry_ref of current directory.
- “refs” : refs to selected files.
This function is called when user clicks on any item from addon. This function redirects the control to
_PassMessageToAddOn which loads the addon image and calls
message_received of addon. The parameter passed is
BMessage which contains refs to current directory and selected items.
This function should add items to the
BMenu pointer passed. The
BMessage passed should be used for creating items. The necessary information should be added to
BMessage of the item to distinguish it. This function should set target of the menu or items created as the
BHandler passed. This should be done after adding the children.
This function is called when user clicks on the addon item. The information added to the
BMessage in the
populate_menu can be used to determine the action needed to be taken.
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3