Current ICMP implementation in HAIKU kernel
According to current Haiku source ICMP implementation is only a … framework. Only ICMP echo request messages are processed.
There are essentially two RFCs that should be considered when implementing ICMP (for IPv4). RFC792 - ‘INTERNET CONTROL MESSAGE PROTCOL’ and RFC1122 - ‘Requirements for Internet Hosts – Communication Layers’.
According to RFC1122, paragraph 3.2.2. there are two types of ICMP messages a host must process:
- ICMP Error Messages
- Destination Unreachable
- Source Quench
- Time Exceeded
- Parameter Problem
- ICMP query messages:
- Address Mask
First of all, I plan to implement a generic icmp_send_data() that should be used whenever sending ICMP messages. Then implement processing of received ICMP packets accordingly.
Offtopic: please add a NOTE to the documentation that cross compiling Haiku on x86_64 linux host is not yet possible ;)
- Debugging RISCV-64 bootloader in QEMU
- Hello from the Haiku Promotion 'Team'!
- Haiku activity report - November and December 2020
- Haiku Depot and Better Icon Handling
- Haiku activity report - October 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - September 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - August 2020
- Rust on Haiku: the Case of the Disappearing Deceased Threads
- GSoC2020 Final Report: Input Preferences
- GSoC 2020 Final Report: Improving and Extending Services Kit