Current ICMP implementation in HAIKU kernel
According to current Haiku source ICMP implementation is only a … framework. Only ICMP echo request messages are processed.
There are essentially two RFCs that should be considered when implementing ICMP (for IPv4). RFC792 - ‘INTERNET CONTROL MESSAGE PROTCOL’ and RFC1122 - ‘Requirements for Internet Hosts – Communication Layers’.
According to RFC1122, paragraph 3.2.2. there are two types of ICMP messages a host must process:
- ICMP Error Messages
- Destination Unreachable
- Source Quench
- Time Exceeded
- Parameter Problem
- ICMP query messages:
- Address Mask
First of all, I plan to implement a generic icmp_send_data() that should be used whenever sending ICMP messages. Then implement processing of received ICMP packets accordingly.
Offtopic: please add a NOTE to the documentation that cross compiling Haiku on x86_64 linux host is not yet possible ;)
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2019
- Haiku almost-monthly activity report - October and November 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report