Current ICMP implementation in HAIKU kernel
According to current Haiku source ICMP implementation is only a … framework. Only ICMP echo request messages are processed.
There are essentially two RFCs that should be considered when implementing ICMP (for IPv4). RFC792 - ‘INTERNET CONTROL MESSAGE PROTCOL’ and RFC1122 - ‘Requirements for Internet Hosts – Communication Layers’.
According to RFC1122, paragraph 3.2.2. there are two types of ICMP messages a host must process: 1) ICMP Error Messages - Destination Unreachable - Redirect - Source Quench - Time Exceeded - Parameter Problem 2) ICMP query messages: - Echo - Information - Timestamp - Address Mask
First of all, I plan to implement a generic icmp_send_data() that should be used whenever sending ICMP messages. Then implement processing of received ICMP packets accordingly.
Offtopic: please add a NOTE to the documentation that cross compiling Haiku on x86_64 linux host is not yet possible ;)
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018