Language Bindings for the C++ API
My project will expose the Haiku API to scripting languages. During GSoC, I will focus on enabling the creation of GUI apps; this will include large parts of the Interface Kit and some essential classes from the Application Kit. I will target Perl and Python as the scripting languages.
(After GSoC, I would like to support other languages as well, and increase the number of classes available from scripting languages.)
A timeline is available by following this link.
During the bonding period, I will be looking at the Python API, with a view to developing a generator to create the code for these extensions from an abstraction language, as an alternative to using SWIG. (I will not make a final decision on whether to use SWIG until I have determined whether it is feasible to use a custom-built generator within the GSoC time frame.)
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3