- Hello from the new Haiku website!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2016
- UEFI Progress Update
- Haiku monthly activity report - November 2016
- A little report on Capitole du Libre
- Haiku monthly activity report - October 2016
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2016
- Haiku monthly activity report - August 2016
- Tales of a Video Editor #2
- Site issues / Potential upgrade
UEFI Progress Update
As some may have noticed, my UEFI branch got merged in November, purely by accident too! However, until now, we still haven't been able to boot to the desktop. Whilst still in development, the addition of a simple framebuffer driver and a crucial fix by Henry (https://github.com/froggey/) has enabled Haiku to now boot all the way to the desktop using QEMU.
There is still a need to add support for serial debugging, and expanding the disk system support; but, with a few minor tweaks, a test build has even managed to boot all the way to the desktop on my Macbook Air. Unfortunately, Haiku then promptly freezes, hence the need for serial debugging. But we're edging closer to UEFI support on actual hardware. We may even manage to squeeze it into the upcoming beta release *fingers crossed*