UEFI Progress Update
As some may have noticed, my UEFI branch got merged in November, purely by accident too! However, until now, we still haven't been able to boot to the desktop. Whilst still in development, the addition of a simple framebuffer driver and a crucial fix by Henry (https://github.com/froggey/) has enabled Haiku to now boot all the way to the desktop using QEMU.
There is still a need to add support for serial debugging, and expanding the disk system support; but, with a few minor tweaks, a test build has even managed to boot all the way to the desktop on my Macbook Air. Unfortunately, Haiku then promptly freezes, hence the need for serial debugging. But we're edging closer to UEFI support on actual hardware. We may even manage to squeeze it into the upcoming beta release *fingers crossed*
- Scripting the GUI with 'hey'
- Haiku monthly activity report - 10/2017
- Back from GSoC mentor summit
- Where is Haiku R1?
- Haiku monthly activity report - 09/2017
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2017
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Final Report