Haiku Coming to OSCON 2009 in San Jose
Additionally, Urias has installed Haiku on a good number of USB thumbdrives that we will use to test Haiku on various hardware that may be available at other booths or that visitors may bring to our booth, and to give out as incentives to those who make donations to the project. Haiku has made great strides in terms of completeness and stability, so we are confident that we can show our OS in a very favorable light. Of particular interest is the work that has recently gone into the video playback area of Haiku, which allows to play many more file formats and much more smoothly than before. With these recent improvements, the Haiku MediaPlayer is starting to really shine. :)
If all of the above is not enough incentive for you to show up at OSCON, you should then know that there is a reception that will be held at the exhibit hall on Wednesday 22, from 6:00PM through 7:00PM, where apparently drinks will be served. Our booth is right by the lounge, so you know what that means. ;)
Whether it's for the bytes or the booze, if you plan to attend OSCON this year, please do stop by our booth and let us show and tell you the latest and hottest about Haiku. And if you are a Haiku fan in the San Francisco Bay Area or its vicinities, don't be shy and come hang out with us at the Haiku booth. We always have a lot of fun!
Hopefully we'll be able to post a report or two and some photos during or after the conference. Stay tuned!
OSCON 2009 at-a-glance
San Jose McEnery Convention Center
150 West San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113 | Google map
Haiku booth: #14 | Exhibit hall floorplan (138KB PDF)
- Exhibit hours: July 22 & 23, from 10:00AM - 4:30PM
- Reception to be held at the Exhibit Hall on July 22, from 6:00PM - 7:00PM
REGISTRATION (expo hall only is free!)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- My Impressions from SCaLE 2010
- The History Channel: 2003 Interview with Michael Phipps
- What do You Know About the Haiku Logo?
- OSCON & OpenSource World 2009 Double Report
- Haiku Coming to OSCON 2009 in San Jose
- Testing CSS Styles from Haiku User Guide
- Haiku at SCaLE 2009: the Report
- LinuxWorld 2008 as I saw it
- Video: Code_Swarm for Haiku
- Haiku Code Drive: May 16 update