lklhaikufs: features galore
The LKL-based Haiku driver has progressed well in the last few weeks.
The set of features already implemented:
- mounting and unmounting ext3, ext4 disk images*, both read-only and read-write
- listing file system attributes (read-only/read-write, file system size, number of files created, number of files remaining to be created, etc.)
- browsing the contents of any folder on the file system
- listing file permissions, owner, group, type (directory, symlink, regular file, etc.)
- opening/closing existing files, and creating new files
- reading and writing data into files
- creating new directories
What still needs to be done:
- renaming files
- deleting files and directories
- I only tested ext3 and ext4, other should work as well. There’s a limitation in the ext4 support in LKL, not related to this driver in particular that needs to be fixed.