WebKit port status update.

Blog post by maximesimon on Tue, 2009-08-11 10:20

We want news!

… or at least I suppose that some people want to know the progresses made on the WebKit port. I think that we can split this work in two parts:
  • Improvements made on the port.
  • Landing in the official WebKit tree.
Ryan and I thought that the first part would have been a bit easier, but in fact since the previous port (by himself), many code in WebKit has changed. It is still a work-in-progress but I made some good advances.

As for the second part, it is also something that we are still working on. I can say that it is in great shape to be complete before the end of summer. ( The summer ends on the 21th of September… ;)

maximesimon's blog

Blog post by maximesimon on Tue, 2009-08-11 10:20

Haiku Native Browser and WebKit port progress

Blog post by maximesimon on Fri, 2009-06-19 20:34

After a month of work, it’s time to take a break and a step back to check on our progress. And after a month what we have is a prototype of a multi-process browser.

Haiku Native Browser

Ryan and I had a dilemma: Where to start? In fact, there is a lot to do on this project. So we decided to start with a multi-process browser prototype.

Integrate WebKit in Haiku native browser, My GSoC proposal.

Blog post by maximesimon on Tue, 2009-04-21 14:13

Personal Profile

  • Maxime Simon

  • Brief biography:

    I am currently in my third year studying Computer Science at Rennes 1 University in France. I have some experience with development thanks to several academic projects, chiefly written using the Java and C languages. Our first big project used an obscure language called "oRis", an object and agent-oriented language developed as part of the doctoral thesis of Fabrice Harrouet. The project's objective was to design a simulation of pathfinding robots, with basic behaviour and capable of cooperating to achieve goals in a virtual maze. This project enabled us to learn how to manage a project using Subversion, and how to organise its development. The project was managed at this page: http://code.google.com/p/csr/