Raising funds for Haiku through Goodsearch
Last month on the [haiku-inc] mailing list, Arman “Kulluminatii” Chahal suggested adding Haiku to Goodsearch. “What is Goodsearch?", you may ask. It’s a Yahoo! powered search engine that will donate money (about a penny) to your favorite non-profit or school. They provide other ways to help earn money – shopping online, participating in online surveys, completing special offers and more! This past week, the registration process completed and Haiku is now a participating non profit!
To choose Haiku as your cause,
- Go to goodsearch's homepage
- Click the "Choose a cause" button
- Enter "Haiku" in the search box.
- Select "Haiku (Saddle Brook, NJ)"
Alternatively, you can simply bookmark http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=949749
Currently, WebPositive is hard-coded to use Google when performing a search query from the URL bar. Until a user-defined setting is implemented, the easiest way is simply to set goodsearch as the start page, navigate to it and perform your search.
To set WebPositive’s homepage,
- Go to Window and select Settings
- Paste http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=949749 as the Start page and click Apply.
Overall, this is another way each of us can collectively chip in and help raise secure additional funding for HAIKU. Thank you for the suggestion, Kulluminatii!
- Haiku activity report - November and December 2020
- Haiku Depot and Better Icon Handling
- Haiku activity report - October 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - September 2020
- Haiku Activity Report - August 2020
- Rust on Haiku: the Case of the Disappearing Deceased Threads
- GSoC2020 Final Report: Input Preferences
- GSoC 2020 Final Report: Improving and Extending Services Kit
- GSoC 2020 Final Report: XFS File System
- GSoC 2020 Project Update(UFS2): Reading Files