It has been three weeks since my last blog post. In this post I would update you with the current progress on the Calendar Application.
I have been working on the following since the past three weeks:
Writing the Event and Category class. Working on UI of Event Manager. Working on UI of Category Manager and Category Edit Window. Working on a pop-up Calendar control to select event start and end date.
Hello again, Sorry for late report, things are not going as I planned. In order to implement tree manipulation or copy-on-write function, I must first have a blocks/extents allocator that works well. Also, those things need to handle transactions as well.
In the previous weeks, I did some “edgy” works that are supported functions, add some on-disks structures, modify some parts of the source code, etc. Currently, I am implementing the extent allocator, it can now dump all the free extents and used extents for all roots, included backup roots.
Hey there, it's time for the monthly report again!
This report covers hrev51196-hrev51253.
Kernel time_t now uses 64-bit on 64-bit systems. This fixes the year 2038 bug for 64-bit Haiku, so we can continue to run it after 2038. This breaks the ABI, so all the 64bit packages were rebuilt.
Some bug fixes in packagefs, to avoid some annoying issues when updating the system or repeatedly installing and uninstalling packages without rebooting.
Hello everyone. It's been substantial time since I started working on the project and here's the progress report.
On the reading end Finally got over with reading the source code. What took it so long was that I first read most of the rfcs, including those I will be implementing even later on, before reading the current code. That kind of helped me not only to understand the code better but to also jot down the areas, where a change would have to be made, as and when encountering them.
Hello everyone! This report covers the span of the last two weeks of my porting efforts to get swift running on Haiku. I started debugging the runtime library ‘libswiftCore’ on both Haiku and Linux and focused my attention specifically to the ImageInspection logic in order to fully understand how the runtime extracts ‘type metadata’ from a swift generated shared object. My mentor korli, recommended me to use the get_next_image_info() function, which is the Haiku equivalent of iterating through the list of loaded libraries in a executable.
This is my first post during the coding period of GSoC 2017. I have been working on a demo application which renders text using the harfbuzz library.The work on application started before the coding period. You can find the application here.
The work on application started before the coding period, but now the application is successfully running(Thanks to stippi!).
I pointed out few issues in one of my previous blog post.
Now that we’re almost near to the first evaluation, and also it’s been 2 weeks since my last blog post. The last blog post had a plain vanilla GUI without any elements apart from the listview of the applications. I worked on adding icons to the GUI, under respective categories. I’ve hardcoded the categorization part, after the first evaluation, I’ll work on categorizing the applications. I used IconView.h along with some functions from LaunchBox.
In this post I would be focusing on the work done in the past two weeks, issues faced and how I went about resolving them. Also, since the first evaluation is near, the post also contains a brief analysis of the current progress with respect to the deliverables mentioned in the proposal.
Issues faced and how I went about resolving them:
I wasn't able to set the day names header in the calendar view based on the locale preferences, the day names always showed up in English no matter which language is selected in locale preferences.
Greetings Almost 2 weeks since the last Weekly Report, so here goes what I have been up to in the last two weeks.
Adding code I am slowly adding new code as you might see here. Each commit represents a new file and its dependencies compiling successfully in my machine(gcc5). In asm/atomic.h I have commented out some of the functions which I believe is not required for DRM. If I find some use of those functions then I will have to revisit this file and make the necessary changes.
Hello everyone, I spent last 2 weeks mainly for researching and forming an complete idea so that something will not be changed much in the future and some coding. These things are what I did in the previous 2 weeks:
I implemented a “cat” command in btrfs_shell for testing, since current fs_shell misses read file content command.
Refixed ticket #127883. This is the ticket I fixed as a proof to attend GSoC for Haiku, but it is hardcoded.