Hi there! This week-end was the Google Summer of Code mentor summit. This event gathers mentors from all organizations participating in GSoC and GCI for an event hosted by Google.
Usually the summit happens at the same time as BeGeistert, and as a result I never made it there before. But with no BeGeistert happening this year, I could finally make it.
Normally each organization is allowed to send 2 mentors, but we managed to get 6 people from Haiku to attend this year (by a combination of an extra mentor allowed because we do GCI, putting people on the waiting list and taking the slots freed by other orgs sending only one (or 0) mentor), having some Haiku people working at Google and helping run the event, and an hand-crafted badge to get into the event without registering)
Haiku released R1 Alpha 4.1 on November 14th, 2012. (5 years ago next month).
Since our last release, we have seen a huge number of groundbreaking new features slip into the nightly code including package management.
Along with the addition of Package Management (which was added pretty shortly after R1A4), we were presented with the massive task of building “all the ports” into packages and maintaining their dependencies within our repositories.
I was kindly reminded over the IRC channel that it's time for the monthly report once again. So, there we go!
This report covers revision 51402 to 51464.
Graphics Some efforts this month on the radeon_hd driver, as kallisti5 and jessicah have teamed up to identify remaining issues with displayport and started working towards multi-head support.
Kallisti5 also cleaned up the remote app_server as well as the HTML5 drawing backend (which should allow to have Haiku run remotely and render the user interface in a web browser).
Hi there, it's time for a new monthly report!
This report covers hrev31437-hrev51402
First of all, I have updated the git stats pages for haiku and haikuports. These provide an overview of the overall activity with various graphs, author ranking, etc.
Anyway, let's see what happened in Haiku this month. As you know, it was the 3rd month of the coding period, and several patches from our GSoC students were merged in (and there is more to come as we continue reviewing their work).
Google Summer of Code 2017 is off to an end and in this report I'll be summarizing the work done throughout the summer.
Introductory blog post
Source code: https://github.com/HaikuArchives/Calendar
List of all blog posts: https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/akshayagarwal007/
List of all Commits:
What has been completed Calendar App
The Calendar app currently has the following features implemented:
Create, modify and delete events. Generate notifications for events.
This blog-post marks the final report on bringing Swift to Haiku in the Google Summer of Code period. My introductory post on this project can be found here for a brief overview of the project.
Summary In the last 3 coding periods, my contributions to Haiku’s LLVM and Clang ports plus reporting some bugs with the Haiku developers have made it possible for the Swift toolchain to be built on Haiku.
This is Anirudh. Here’s my final overall report of my work during Google Summer of Code 2017. My sincere thanks to waddlesplash and Sean Healy, for their excellent mentorship. They immediately responded, and assisted me whenever I needed help. I’m grateful to the Haiku team, community members and my fellow GSoC colleagues for their help, constructive criticism, reporting bugs and helping the project shape better.
Link to the source code/repo: https://github.
In this post I would be focusing on the work done in the past two weeks.
I worked on Google Calendar integration and general improvements and bug fixes in the Calendar App. I also worked on implementing a relative datetime formatter and general enhancements/bug fixes involving the Haiku locale kit.
Calendar App Fetching events using Google Calendar API and syncing with the database works now. There are issues with sending JSON data in an http post request, which always results in a parse error in the API response, as a result of which adding/updating events to Google Calendar doesn't work currently.
Hello everyone The end of the GSOC period is drawing near. In this blogpost I would like to summarize the work done during this period. To know where it all began, refer to my first blog post which can be found here.
Overview When I started, a running implementation of TCP existed in Haiku. My work was to read it, understand it and improve it. When I say improvement, I mean in terms of implementing new congestion control algorithms, updating the exisiting ones with recent request for comments documents (RFCs) and extending the current capabilities of the implementation.
The last coding period of Google Summer of Code is about to end, and it’s time for us to submit a final report. But I thought to conclude the Weekly Reports with this one, covering the changes of this particular period.
Thanks to Brian Hill (Perelandra0x309) for opening issues in the repo, almost all of the issues posted were fixed and closed.
The search now works on related keywords of all System preflets.