WebKit weekly report #39
The quest to provide a better web browsing experience continues this week with some small fixes which result from hours of tracking down bugs.
On the Haiku side:
- The HTTP port is properly added to the "Host" HTTP header, making it possible to access websites on a non-default port.
- Data URI decoding was improved, and urldecoding made safer.
- More fixes to the HTTP protocol handler for gzipped data. This works reliably again.
On the WebKit side:
- Downloads (as opposed to showing pages in the browser) will properly send cookies to the server. This makes it possible to download things that are behind a login-wall of some sort, for example gmail attachments, google drive files, dropbox private files, and so on.
- The file panel for uploading files now remembers the last used directory.
- Fixed yet another tricky crash when a request was cancelled and we received an HTTP redirection for it at the same time. This makes Microsoft OneDrive not crash the browser any more.
So, this is a fairly short list of fixes, but the browser should now be more stable. This was made possible by all the bug reports sent on the bugtracker. Please continue reporting issues, as having a list of known problematic websites helps a lot with fixing the issues.
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)
- GSoC 2021: XFS support progress update
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Translation Work Needed in Preparation for Beta 3
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Modernizing Caya
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - May 2021
- Registering your nickname for IRC