Contract weekly report #57
Hi! Work continues on putting Haiku in shape for the R1 release. This week I worked mostly on UI fixes to make our apps look a bit better.
- hrev48490: fix last week's changes to avoid truncating the translator settings
- hrev48492: fix BOptionPopUp not inheriting the parent background color
- hrev48501, hrev48502 (based once again on a patch from Laurent Chea): use BNotification for the media server restart notification
- hrev48503: fix a layouting problem in BBox where the box title width would not be taken into account to compute the box minimal size (with some help from stippi in understanding how this is supposed to work).
- hrev48511: avoid a crash when adding or removing items from a menu while it is open. This was easily visible in the network preferences with the WiFi AP list.
- hrev48522: Better handling of long words in BNotification messages (truncate them instead of drawing a string larger than the window).
- hrev48507: Screenshot preset save directories are writable once again. It was pointing to a read-only directory since package management was introduced.
- hrev48505, hrev48510: vl-gothic and DejaVu fonts are now packages, making it easier to track which version we use, and making it possible to update them without having to update the whole system.
- hrev48506: replace our "cal" command (a very old version from FreeBSD) with the GNU version, which more correctly handles unicode characters in weekday names.
- hrev48517: use ncurses package and remove the old copy that was used by Haiku built-in apps (Debugger, gdb, ftp, telnet)
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 01/2018
- GCI 2017 Wrap Up Report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2017
- New package repositories are now enabled by default
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2017
- Scripting the GUI with 'hey'
- Haiku monthly activity report - 10/2017
- Back from GSoC mentor summit