VBox Guest Additions: A slightly late final progress report
As everyone has probably gathered from the first sentence of most of the other posts, GSoC 2011 is now over. I accomplished some of the goals I had for the last quarter, but was unable to get GCC2 support to work. The compiler is different enough to not work with the same options, and even after adding a GCC2 tool definition to kBuild I found that it was too old to compile some of the VirtualBox code. Various workarounds I tried for this proved unhelpful, so the additions will currently only compile and run on a GCC4 or GCC4 hybrid Haiku.
On a more positive note, there is now an (unaccelerated) video driver for VirtualBox which supports screen resizing. 2D acceleration would be possible, but would require changes to app_server (reporting changed areas of the screen to accelerants) that would not have fit in my timeline. I do plan to implement this eventually.
Also, a few people requested the ability to remove VBoxTray from the right-click menu on the replicant, so this is now possible.
While I do plan to continue working with Haiku, I currently am taking a break due to classes having just started.
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018