2010 Google Code-In Contest, Haiku Selected as a Participating Organization
Haiku has been selected as one of twenty organizations to participate in the 2010 Google Code-In!
From the Google announcement:
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
- Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
- Training: Tasks related to helping others learn more
- Translation: Tasks related to localization
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
Since we were picked on November 5th, we have been busy getting our task list in order and putting together a good group of Haiku mentors for this. Many of the tasks are for translations, so we may still need a few more mentors to cover some of those tasks. If you are interested in mentoring please let us know on the mailing list. For a preview of some of the possible Haiku tasks, you can check the wiki page we used for gathering ideas.
Students can start claiming tasks on November 22nd, 2010 with the contest continuing through January 10th, 2011. We will be posting several tasks on the first day of the contest, but will also be holding some back to post later on during the contest so our mentors don’t get flooded all at once. So if you are a student looking for tasks, keep checking back. We also have some open tasks that ask students to solve open trac tickets, of which there’s 1800 or so open tickets to consider. For those tasks the student will find one they are interested in fixing and then claim the task.
For official contest rules, see the Google Code-In page.
- Repository Update
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2018
- R1/beta1 release plans - at last
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #11
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #10
- Haiku monthly activity report - 07/2018
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 13
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #9
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 12
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 11