Haikuware Needs Your Help
UPDATE: Goal reached - thanks for stepping up and helping out everyone! Feel free to donate toward next year’s costs though :)
You may have also noticed that Karl has setup a donation button and meter to help cover the annual infrastructure costs - 588 EUR/year. If you didn’t see this, it’s currently prominently displayed on the top left of the Haikuware front page.
I urge everyone to show their support for Haikuware as I personally have, and donate if they feel Haikuware deserves to remain a viable resource for the community. I suspect that nearly 100% of Haiku users have visited www.haikuware.com at least once and downloaded something useful. If you have, and you feel you might want to visit again, perhaps it’s worth showing a small token of thanks.
In addition to providing software downloads, Haikuware also provides additional resources, such as forums, blogs, and the somewhat famous Haikuware Bounties. In case you’re unfamiliar with the history of Haikuware’s bounties, they have helped deliver funds to developers over the years to jump start such projects as WebPositive (via the Webkit port bounty), SATA/AHCI drivers, improved Wifi support, a Gutenprint port, a port of Gallium3d to Haiku (currently in-progress), along with several other items.
And don’t forget BeBits - it is currently hosted on the same server as Haikuware. Keep the nostalgia alive!
So head over there now and show your support! Every bit helps, you can be personally responsible for keeping Haikuware up and running for months or years to come.
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Week #1 / #2
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 1
- [GSoC 2017: Harfbuzz] Week #1 #2 of Community Bond
- [GSoC 2017 - BTRFS Write Supports] Week #2
- [GSoC 2017] 3D Hardware Acceleration - Weekly Report 1
- [GSoC 2017] First two weeks of Community Bonding
- [GSoC 2017] Porting the Swift Programming Language to Haiku
- [GSOC 2017] Tcp optimization and fine tuning
- [GSoC 2017] Adding write supports for Btrfs
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application