Beginning of 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract
As those who have been paying close attention to IRC may already know, Alexander already has created a prototype server & client in Ruby. However, in discussions with Alex, Oliver, and Axel, there is a consensus that the client (at least) needs to be rewritten in Python, as Ruby on Haiku is too unstable for our needs. The server may also be rewritten as well, as we determined that it doesn't support nearly enough of what it needs to, and a rewrite to Python may be easy enough. We'll see.
My contract officially starts today, but I'm going to be out for most of the day, so I won't start working full-time until tomorrow. For this week, I expect to get the Python client software into a "mostly working" state, and make a decision on what to do about the server and probably start working on that as well.
I'll be posting end-of-the-week progress reports just as Adrien did for the duration of my contract right here on my blog. Stay tuned!
- Haiku almost-monthly activity report - October and November 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019