Back from Auckland
With one big push the work I did on ALM (Auckland Layout Model) while I was at the University of Auckland is now in the main Haiku repo. In short, I’ve brought the BALMLayout up to standard with the other layouts in Haiku, and added some new features as well.
Like the other layouts, it now supports the BArchivable API and fully and properly implements BLayout. While I was away, I also worked on creating Java bindings for the Haiku API, as I mentioned in an earlier post. With this work landing in the repo, all that’s left for ALM is some renaming and file shuffling before it can become an official part of the Haiku API!
All in all, I had a great time in Auckland, and I got to meet other people that have worked on Haiku IRL for the first time! This was a great opportunity and I’m glad the pieces all came together. The UoA was very supportive and my supervisors were friendly and helpful. Once again I want to thank Matt Madia, Carol Smith at Google’s Open Source Programs Office , the UoA, and my family for their help and support in this endeavour.
If you’re interested in working with the UoA on something Haiku-related, I’m sure Christof would love to hear from you.
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2018
- Haiku R1/beta1 in Vagrant
- Report of BeGeistert 031 in Hamburg
- Partial Outage
- Haiku monthly activity report, September/October 2018
- Repository Update