Welcome to the Development home for Haiku! Here is a general overview of the information available for developers who would like to contribute to the Haiku Project. To find out more, you may want to consider getting in touch with the Haiku Community.
Learning to Code in C++
- Beginning C++: Learning to Program with Haiku; Lessons by DarkWyrm
- Intermediate C++: Programming with Haiku; Lessons by DarkWyrm
Contributing to Haiku
- Getting Started
- Building Haiku - Pre-requisite Software
- Building Haiku
- Get the Haiku Source Code / Pushing Patches to Haiku 101
- Milestone & bug tracking
- Setting up a development environment
- Debugger reference Manual by Rene Gollent
- Getting involved in the community
Developing Applications for Haiku
- First you need to decide to create a new application, or contribute to an existing one.
- Next, become familiar with the Haiku API.
- You should learn to apply common Haiku patterns in your applications.
- Once you have a working application you should prepare your app for publication.
Haiku Development References
- Haiku Coding Guidelines
- Human Interface Guidelines
- Development FAQs
- Peer Learning: Haiku Conferences
Building & Developing the Haiku Operating System itself
Legacy Documentation - Not maintained
- Legacy: BeBook | Be Newsletters | The Art of BeOS Programming (Japanese)
- More documents for developers: By category | Full list