Under the sponsorship of Google, BFS Team lead engineer Bruno Albuquerque is scheduled to give a Haiku-related lecture at the upcoming Encontro Mineiro de Software Livre 2006 (Minas Gerais Open Source Forum 2006) to be held on October 10, 11 and 12 at the Ouro Preto City Convention Center. Titled "Haiku OS -- Challenges of Creating an Operating System", the lecture will introduce Haiku with a focus on the technical challenges and the motivations behind the creation of the project. The talk is scheduled for October 12 at 10:00 AM (auditorium #1).
Encontro Mineiro de Software Livre is an annual open source event with an estimated attendance of 500 people that gathers students, users, and developers, as well as private and public companies that offer open source software solutions.
- Event: Encontro Mineiro de Software Livre 2006
- Website: http://emsl.softwarelivre.org
- Registration: http://emsl.softwarelivre.org/inscricoes.php
- Program: http://emsl.softwarelivre.org/programacao_parcial_emsl.pdf
- Lecture: Haiku OS -- Challenges of Creating an Operating System, by Bruno G. Albuquerque (Google), October 12 at 10:00AM (Auditorium #1)