BeGeistert 026 - "Marathon"
The Haiku Support Association (HSA) would like to invite everyone to the 26th BeGeistert on 3rd & 4th of November 2012. The location will be once again the youth hostel in Düsseldorf, Germany.
For years now, BeGeistert has been the regular get-together of users and developers of Haiku (and BeOS before that); a nice opportunity to present the latest projects and get a direct reaction from the participants.
Clemens Zeidler will be making use of this when he shows off the Auckland Layout Editor (ALE). After a presentation he plans an evaluation to gauge ALE’s impact. He did that once before with Stack&Tile, which showed a significant advantage over the regular window management.
Another talk/workshop will be Ingo Weinhold’s demonstration of debugging under Haiku, showing the Debugger, DebugAnalyzer and working with profiling and in KDL.
Adrien Destuges will deliver a blast from the past by showing several BeOS programs that are being resurrected. The participants will be asked to help by checking out, testing and categorising his little treasures.
There may be more items on our agenda… we’ll see.
After the weekend, there’ll be a week long Coding Sprint where some of the Haiku core devs - and anyone else interested - buckle down in earnest to further the development of the system. This is in part sponsored by donations of Haiku Inc., for which we’re all very thankful!
You’ll find all details at the Haiku event calender.
Hope to see you there!
- Haiku, Inc. has hired an existing contributor to work on Haiku full-time!
- 20 Years of Haiku
- Media Release: The Haiku Project Celebrates the Release of Beta 3
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Update
- Haiku, Inc. sponsoring hardware purchases for RISC-V port
- Important Change Required for Haiku Nightly and R1/Beta2 Users
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Approved
- Haiku's IRC channels are moving to OFTC!
- Haiku to mentor 4 students in Google Summer of Code 2021
- System Sounds Contest Wrap-up