Haiku Amongst 10 Open-source Organizations To Participate in Google Code-In 2012
What is Google Code-in ?
GCI is a contest for pre-university students (from 13 to 17 years old) with the goal to encourage young students to participate into open-source development. To achieve that goal, open-source organizations sets up various tasks and students are invited to claim them. Various prizes are awarded and, this year, each organizations are going to award two (2) grand prize winners amongst participating students.
When does the contest start ?
Students can starts claiming tasks on Monday, November 26 2012 at 9:00 AM PST / 17:00 UTC, to end on Monday, January 13th at 9:00 AM PST / 17:00 UTC.
What kind of tasks are available ?
A Task is a small amount of work, suitable for a 13 to 17 years old student, and should take approximately 2 hours to complete to the average participant. There are 5 categories of tasks :
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation/Training: Tasks related to creating/editing documents and helping others learn more
- Outreach/Research: Tasks related to community management, outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality.
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
Where do I sign-up ?
For more details about the program itself, and to register, please consult the contest's homepage :