- Haiku mentors once more in Google's Code-In
- Media Kit Contract Underway
- WLAN Master Thesis Published
- Haiku's GCI 2015 winners
- Google Code-In 2015 now in progress
- Haiku, Inc. board of director elections complete
- Analysis of Haiku Operating System (BeOS Family) by PVS-Studio
- Haiku at VALS' second Semester of Code
- Google's Code-In in progress
- Haiku at VALS' Semester of Code
Google's Code-In in progress
The Haiku project was once again chosen as a mentor organization for this year’s Google Code-In. The little brother of the Summer of Code is targeting younger students - 13 to 17 years old - and consists of many small tasks that are suitable for that age group. Under the lead of Scott McCreary, over a dozen Haiku mentors have entered roughly 400 tasks into Haiku’s GCI page, mostly about creating or fixing haikuporter recipes to package applications and small C++ coding tasks.
Every student that completes at least one task gets a certificate and for at least three tasks additionally a t-shirt. The five best students per organization win a sweatshirt and two of those will be invited to visit the Google headquarters in California in June 2015.
The GCI starts on December 1st and ends on January 19th. In that time many students will probably hit the forums and IRC. Please give them a warm welcome! If you’re eligible to participate (or if you know students that might be interested), the Google GCI page has all the info.