- Haiku mentors once more in Google's Code-In
- Media Kit Contract Underway
- WLAN Master Thesis Published
- Haiku's GCI 2015 winners
- Google Code-In 2015 now in progress
- Haiku, Inc. board of director elections complete
- Analysis of Haiku Operating System (BeOS Family) by PVS-Studio
- Haiku at VALS' second Semester of Code
- Google's Code-In in progress
- Haiku at VALS' Semester of Code
Haiku at VALS' second Semester of Code
The Haiku project is participating again in this year’s “Semester of Code” (SoC) of the European VALS project. The SoC is similar to Google’s GSoC, but without the financial incentive and more emphasis on the educational side.
This is the second installment of “SoC”, the objective is still the same:
Its goal is to connect higher education students with open source projects to introduce them to the cooperative nature of working within a group on a bigger project. For Haiku, besides potentially extending its feature set, it's another opportunity to spark the interest of new, eager developers with a chance to gain future regular contributors.
There are currently 48 project proposals for Haiku on the VALS projects page.
If you're a student and interested to take on a project, you have to act quick: the deadline for your application ends on April, 1st 2015! Sorry for the late notice...