Haiku, Inc. Financial Reports for 2020 and 2021 are now available
There is also a forum post with a bit more details, which also explains why the 2020 report was so late and the 2021 report was so early.
Our donations for 2022 are off to a great start with over $2,000 donated so far, and we are not even 10 days into the year.
One note for donors: some analysis of the PayPal fee structure by one of our community members has shown that larger donations seem to have less fees as a percentage, so for those donors who are able, a few larger donations might be better than many small ones. Of course I know our donation page suggests PayPal subscriptions, but we may be changing some of that this year. Also as noted in the 2021 Financial Report, we plan to add GitHub Sponsors as a donation option, which has no fees.
Also checks can be mailed to the Haiku, Inc. address and are now fairly easy to handle with mobile deposit. In fact $1,120.00 of the donations so far for 2022 were from checks. Places like Fidelity Charitable make it pretty easy to send a check, and I know some employers will also match donations, and you should find Haiku, Inc. as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in any corporate donation system you have. If not, see if we can be added.
With all that said, I want to again extend a huge thanks to all our donors, everyone in the project really appreciates every donation we get. Things really picked up for Haiku in 2021 and I think 2022 is going to be even better!
- Haiku, Inc. Financial Reports for 2020 and 2021 are now available
- Media Release: The Haiku Project and Freewear launch Official Haiku Merchandise
- Haiku, Inc. has hired an existing contributor to work on Haiku full-time!
- 20 Years of Haiku
- Media Release: The Haiku Project Celebrates the Release of Beta 3
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Update
- Haiku, Inc. sponsoring hardware purchases for RISC-V port
- Important Change Required for Haiku Nightly and R1/Beta2 Users
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Approved
- Haiku's IRC channels are moving to OFTC!