How to connect to the Internet through a Windows Proxy
As i discovered recently, WebPositive is unable to authenticate to a Microsoft proxy, as such proxies use a proprietary protocol named NTLM. So I came to an easy solution :
- Download NTLMAPS (from another computer of course) : it is a tiny Python script able to talk to a Microsoft proxy
- Edit the main.py script to replace the string /usr/bin/python by /bin/python
- Configure the server.cfg file with your domain/username/password
- Put a link to main.py into ~/config/boot/launch, so the local proxy will be run automatically at boot.
- Modify the ~/config/settings/boot/UserSetupEnvironment to add http_proxy=USER:PASSWORD@127.0.0.1:5865. If the file doesn't exist, just copy and rename the UserSetupEnvironment.sample. 5865 is the default port for the NTLMAPS proxy in the server.cfg file.
- Reboot, or just run the main.py and execute the UserSetupEnvironment file.