OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here’s jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I’ve fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 01/2018
- GCI 2017 Wrap Up Report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2017
- New package repositories are now enabled by default
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2017
- Scripting the GUI with 'hey'
- Haiku monthly activity report - 10/2017
- Back from GSoC mentor summit