OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here’s jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I’ve fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.
- Update #3 from the Promotion Team
- GSOC 2021:Progress Report of Improvements to clang-format
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)
- GSoC 2021: XFS support progress update
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Translation Work Needed in Preparation for Beta 3
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Modernizing Caya
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit