OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here’s jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I’ve fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 5
- Bug: XHCI (usb 3.0) issues
- [GSoC 2017] 3D Hardware Acceleration - Weekly Report 4
- [GSOC 2017] TCP optimization Report 4
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 4
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Week #6 #7
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 4
- [GSoC 2017 - BTRFS Write Supports] Week #6 #7 #8
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2017