OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here’s jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I’ve fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3
- [GSoC 2019] Weeks #1, #2 and #3 progress reports
- Haiku monthly activity report, May 2019
- Coding week #1
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem