OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here’s jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I’ve fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.
- Haiku activity report - May 2020
- GSoC 2020 Project: Improving and Extending Services Kit
- Progress report of community bonding period
- GSoC 2020 Project: Adding XFS file system in Haiku
- GSoC 2020 Project: Input Preferences
- GSoC 2020 Project: Adding UFS2 file system in Haiku
- Haiku activity report - April 2020
- Haiku activity report - February and March 2020
- Haiku field trip report - January 2020
- Google Code-in 2019 finished