- Haiku monthly activity report - 09/2015
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2015
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Final Weekly Report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 07/2015
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Weekly Report #7
- Media Kit: New And Old Pieces
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Report #6
- Debugger: Step 1: Edit variable, Step 2: ..., Step 3: Profit!
- Back from RMLL/LSM!
- 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract Report #5
OpenJDK port: quarter term report
Since my last blog entry I have mostly completed the implementation of the AWT/Java2D port. It is still in need of a lot of testing, but it is stable enough to run a lot of Swing apps out of the box. For example, here's jEdit and SwingSet:
AWT drag and drop support is still missing because Haiku lacks some of the functionality required to implement it. Discussions on the design of a more fully featured drag and drop API are ongoing on the Haiku GSoC mailing list. Over the next week or two I will continue to polish the AWT/Java2D port with an eye to improving performance and weeding out bugs. Once I've fixed the more glaring issues I will upload binaries so anyone interested in trying out the new port can do so.
At half term I will start on the implementation of the jsound port, which will provide support for audio and MIDI.