Contract Paused Due to Health Issues
I’m writing this to inform a broader audience of what was/is going on with my Haiku contract work.
The contract has been paused since the first week of January 2012 due to an injury I sustained. The cause was a mishap on my part during an exercise, a ‘sports’ injury if you will. It lead to a couple of pulled joints that then got inflamed and became very painful. I didn’t think that it would last for too long and anticipated that I could still work to some degree. Sadly over the course of a few days the pain involved got progressively worse (since I didn’t quite rest enough), up to the point where sitting down and typing became unbearable after a couple of minutes. I quickly informed a few people that I had to take a few days off of work.
As it turned out however, the injury did persist longer, even with the proper medication. The outlook given was “up to six weeks”. So the days turned into weeks.
As always Haiku Inc. was very understanding and put my health clearly ahead of my contract. We agreed to simply pause the contract until my joints would properly heal and I could pick up my work again.
By now the pain is gone and I’m slowly catching up to the things I left behind. So I restarted work on Haiku (the KeyStore implementation still) but I am not up to full speed just yet. Once I can fully dive in again the contract will be resumed and you can expect another blogpost that reflects the status of my work.
I’d like to again thank everyone involved for being as forthcoming and flexible so that I could recover without having additional outside pressure. Also I’d like to extend these thanks to the donors that enable this contract and hope that this, arguably late, post can clear up some questions that may have come up.
Hope to be back in full swing soon and finally get back to contributing!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2017
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Calendar Application: Weekly Report 7
- [GSOC 2017 - TCP optimization and fine tuning] Final Report
- [GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 6
- [GSoC 2017 - BTRFS write supports] Third coding period - Final recap
- [GSoC 2017] Porting Swift to Haiku - Week #9 / #10