More news from WebPositive
Hi everyone, It’s been two weeks since the previous blog post, so here goes an update.
First of all, I wanted to make it clear that I haven’t started to work on my contract, so the few things that happened in the last two weeks were done on my free time. Said free time was short, as I’m in the process of moving to another city and I’ve been packing a lot of stuff and cleaning my flat. Note I will be offline starting next week, and I hope to get internet access back as soon as possible. I won’t start working on the contract before I’m back online, as testing a web browser without any internet access creates more problems than I’m willing to solve.
Anyway, on to the work done !
I’ll start on the Service Kit side. By testing some websites I often use, I found that chunked http transfers were not working properly. This was tracked down to the use of a static variable in the chunked transfer code, and was solved in https://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/src/kits/network?id=2ec188b9032a9c642a27c26819d41c8311993492 .
On the WebKit side now, the first thing to notice is the availability of the official haiku-webkit repo at https://github.com/haiku/haiku-webkit . I will be pushing my changes there. I’m working in the bnetapi branch.
The work done is mostly small fixes and cleanup. It does gets forms working (this also helps with logging in to many websites).
Remember this is highly experimental, so don’t replace your system libs with it. I’m waiting for your test reports, however.
- Haiku Contract Report: September 2021
- Haiku activity report - September 2021
- Haiku activity report - Summer 2021
- GSoC 2021 Final Report: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- GSoC 2021 Final Report: Modernizing Chat-O-Matic (Caya)
- GSoC 2021 Improvements to Haiku-format Final update
- Positively Critical: WebPositive and Haiku
- Update #3 from the Promotion Team
- GSOC 2021:Progress Report of Improvements to clang-format
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit