Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
This year we will be mentoring 3 students bringing new features to Haiku over the summer.
GSoC is a program run and funded by Google, where we (and many other open source projects) mentor students over the summer to get them up to speed with contributing. Google gives them a stipend, saving the need for a summer job and allowing them to focus on their work.
Preetpal Kaur will be working on a new preference panel for input devices, replacing the existing touchpad, mouse, keyboard and keymap preferences with a single application.
Rajagopalan Gangadharan will be working on getting WebPositive to use the “new” WebKit2 API, allowing to run multi-process webkit (so a crash of one browser tab does not bring down the whole browser) and later on enabling more features such as ad blocking, private browsing, etc.
Bharati Ramana Joshi will continue the work on write support for btrfs, bringing another modern filesystem to Haiku and improving interoperability with Linux and ReactOS (the two other OS that already support btrfs out of the box).
The Haiku team welcomes these new contributors and wishes them great success on their work!
- Haiku activity report - September 2021
- Haiku activity report - Summer 2021
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- Haiku activity report - May 2021
- Haiku activity report - March and April 2021
- Haiku activity report - February 2021
- Haiku activity report - January 2021
- Haiku activity report - November and December 2020
- Haiku activity report - October 2020
- Haiku activity report - May 2020