Beginning of 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract
As those who have been paying close attention to IRC may already know, Alexander already has created a prototype server & client in Ruby. However, in discussions with Alex, Oliver, and Axel, there is a consensus that the client (at least) needs to be rewritten in Python, as Ruby on Haiku is too unstable for our needs. The server may also be rewritten as well, as we determined that it doesn't support nearly enough of what it needs to, and a rewrite to Python may be easy enough. We'll see.
My contract officially starts today, but I'm going to be out for most of the day, so I won't start working full-time until tomorrow. For this week, I expect to get the Python client software into a "mostly working" state, and make a decision on what to do about the server and probably start working on that as well.
I'll be posting end-of-the-week progress reports just as Adrien did for the duration of my contract right here on my blog. Stay tuned!
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3
- [GSoC 2019] Weeks #1, #2 and #3 progress reports
- Haiku monthly activity report, May 2019
- Coding week #1
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019