Beginning of 'Packaging Infrastructure' Contract
As those who have been paying close attention to IRC may already know, Alexander already has created a prototype server & client in Ruby. However, in discussions with Alex, Oliver, and Axel, there is a consensus that the client (at least) needs to be rewritten in Python, as Ruby on Haiku is too unstable for our needs. The server may also be rewritten as well, as we determined that it doesn't support nearly enough of what it needs to, and a rewrite to Python may be easy enough. We'll see.
My contract officially starts today, but I'm going to be out for most of the day, so I won't start working full-time until tomorrow. For this week, I expect to get the Python client software into a "mostly working" state, and make a decision on what to do about the server and probably start working on that as well.
I'll be posting end-of-the-week progress reports just as Adrien did for the duration of my contract right here on my blog. Stay tuned!
- An Update from the Promotion Team
- Haiku activity report - February 2021
- Haiku Survey February/March 2021
- A Brief Look Inside HPKG
- Icculus Microgrant 2020
- Haiku activity report - January 2021
- Debugging RISCV-64 bootloader in QEMU
- Hello from the Haiku Promotion 'Team'!
- Haiku activity report - November and December 2020
- Haiku Depot and Better Icon Handling