[GSoC 2018: XFS support] Week #1 and #2
Hey everyone, I have been working on the project for the past two weeks and would love to share my update here as well.
My first task is to create an empty file system module and test the same on fs_shell. As fs_shell provides an interface to build and test the file system in a commandline tool, it will be easier to test the file system module.
I made an XFS image file using the following commands:
dd if=/dev/zero of=somefile bs=1M count=128 mkfs -t xfs filename
This file can be further used to test the working of xfs_shell within the host machine that I am using now.
Writing Jam file for xfs_shell
I created a Jam file at
SubInclude commmand was added to the Jam file to include xfs_shell during the userlandfs build.
SubInclude HAIKU_TOP src tools xfs_shell ;
SEARCH_SOURCE += [ FDirName $(HAIKU_TOP) src add-ons kernel file_systems xfs ] ; is used to verify that only one instance of the xfs module is embebded while building the userland xfs_shell tool.
As the Jam files were ready for now, I tried to build xfs_shell using
jam run ":<build>xfs_shell" /testxfs
But I was encountered with an error saying missing modules. For which I had to create an empty file system module. I created a file_system_module_info and export it via module_info* modules array.
I am still trying to get the stubbed module working by passing every callback as NULL. As I had some academic work in between, I was not able to completely work on fixing the same. I happen to talk to some devs in the community, but not all, and would love to get to know all of you.
- Haiku activity report - Summer 2021
- GSoC 2021 Final Report: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- GSoC 2021 Final Report: Modernizing Chat-O-Matic (Caya)
- GSoC 2021 Improvements to Haiku-format Final update
- Positively Critical: WebPositive and Haiku
- Update #3 from the Promotion Team
- GSOC 2021:Progress Report of Improvements to clang-format
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)