[GSoC 2018: XFS support] Week #1 and #2
Hey everyone, I have been working on the project for the past two weeks and would love to share my update here as well.
My first task is to create an empty file system module and test the same on fs_shell. As fs_shell provides an interface to build and test the file system in a commandline tool, it will be easier to test the file system module.
I made an XFS image file using the following commands:
dd if=/dev/zero of=somefile bs=1M count=128 mkfs -t xfs filename
This file can be further used to test the working of xfs_shell within the host machine that I am using now.
Writing Jam file for xfs_shell
I created a Jam file at
SubInclude commmand was added to the Jam file to include xfs_shell during the userlandfs build.
SubInclude HAIKU_TOP src tools xfs_shell ;
SEARCH_SOURCE += [ FDirName $(HAIKU_TOP) src add-ons kernel file_systems xfs ] ; is used to verify that only one instance of the xfs module is embebded while building the userland xfs_shell tool.
As the Jam files were ready for now, I tried to build xfs_shell using
jam run ":<build>xfs_shell" /testxfs
But I was encountered with an error saying missing modules. For which I had to create an empty file system module. I created a file_system_module_info and export it via module_info* modules array.
I am still trying to get the stubbed module working by passing every callback as NULL. As I had some academic work in between, I was not able to completely work on fixing the same. I happen to talk to some devs in the community, but not all, and would love to get to know all of you.
- R1/beta1 release plans - at last
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #11
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #10
- Haiku monthly activity report - 07/2018
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 13
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #9
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 12
- [GSoC 2018 - TrackGit] Progress Report 11
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Third Phase Outline
- [GSoC 2018: SDHCI MMC Driver]: Week #8